the new ask meme: send me literally anything and ill tell you something i hate about it
Twist: conversely, I’ll have to also tell you one thing I like about it.
Anyone else who uses firefox having issues getting onto ff.net?
I need to get back on there… my favorite crossover is there…
Any hints anyone?
i’m daring all non-canadians to fill in this map of canada (you’re not canadian? THIS MEANS YOU) and submit it to me WITHOUT LOOKING AT A FUCKING FILLED IN MAP OF CANADA AT ALL. I’M POSTING ALL THE MAPS WHEN I GET THEM IN.
reblog this if you accept the challenge.
Also, this moth is inordinately pleased by what it presumes to call ”its approximate knowledge of Canadian geography” (its entry is in the compiled facebook album).
- Bad ass Mermaid Asexual T-Shirt
- Flowery Hair person Stating What The A in LGBTQA+ Really Means
- Shirts to Wear to Marvel Movies or Anything with Attractive People (bcs y’know some woman in line is going to tap your arm and be like ‘oh, isn’t he a cutie?’ and you’re gonna have to try to explain you’re there for the plot, and they won’t have any of it and you dont wanna spring your sexuality on them, but it’s frustrating.
it happens to me. a lot.)
- Shirt to Wear When You’re Super tired of People Saying Crap About Asexual Not Being Real or That’s Not The Right Way To Use It.
- I know it’s in kids, but I really like this one.
- Slim, sturdy rings for $14
- .99 Ring
- $5 Men’s Ring, Woven Metal.
- .01 Asexual Ring w/ box
- $2 Titanium Ring
- A WHOLE WEBSITE
- A REALLY GOOD BOOK TO EXPLAIN ASEXUALITY. YOU DON’T EVEN NEED TO READ THE WHOLE THING. JUST THE FIRST PAGE. give it to your friends, family, boss, idc it just looks really good.
- More Scientific Explanation I guess??? It has sloppy grammar, but hey give it to everyone who says it’s not real.
- Young Adult Novel About An Asexual Protagonist. The Plot is basically this kid trying to discover what’s wrong with him, and then he realizes nothings wrong with him.
- The Story of Eleven Couples With At Least One Ace Person
- Asexual Aromatic Memoir
- It’s Really To The Point and It has Some Cute Stuff. Unisex
- It’s Just Pins For Allys, but It’s Got Info for Asexual Pride Week
- This Is All LGBTQA+ Fandom Shirts
Asexual Informative Websites:
- Asexual Info?
- Asexuality Archive
- If you think you may be Asexual, you might wanna check this out. Don’t forgot though that you could still be on the spectrum. It’s okay if you’re not exactly on the dot. Labels are for yourself. Autochorissexualism; A disconnection between oneself and a sexual target/object of arousal; may involve sexual fantasies, or arousal in response to erotica or pornography, but lacking any desire to be a participant in the sexual activities therein. Commonly found in asexual people; an analogous feeling may occur in aromantic people for romantic fantasies.
- Asexuality Resources
- Quotes That Can Be Related To Asexuality
- When You Want To Rant
- Remember You’re Not Alone and just look at this like really, you could be friends with people who get it.
- A Really Cool Humorous Yet Informative Blog
- When You Don’t Really Know What To Do
- One of the More Serious Ones.
- A REALLY ADORABLE BLOG FOR DEMI AND GREY BECAUSE YOURE IMPORTANT TOO
- They are forreal good at advice, like they know what they’re talkin’ about.
- Another REAL LIFE person who understand what it’s like and how it’s not always easy and they’re a total sweetheart. 5/5 would reccomond
- They’re super cool too.
Please feel free to add stuff. like srsly.
This may be shocking, but babies and condoms are made of different material
we’re coming for blood || a fanmix for the seven daughters of fëanor↠ listen
bad girls // m.i.a. || glory and gore // lorde || a different beat // little mix || gods & monsters // lana del rey || untouchable // sky ferreira || seven nation army // melanie martinez || black sheep // gin wigmore || something new // girls aloud || blood on my hands // danielle parente || come alive (the war of the roses) // janelle monae || meddle // little boots || help i’m alive // metric || problem // natalia kills || bottom of the river // delta rae || bad reputation // joan jett
Another avian lover has suffered the loss of her birds due to Teflon pans and wanted us to share her story so you could all see the devestating effects of Teflon.
Teflon is the common substance found in non-stick pots and pans, even in incredibly small amounts Teflon claims the lives of our birds.
The common misconception with Teflon is that when heated on a low temperature it will not kill our birds, this is FALSE. When Teflon is heated, even on the lowest temperatures, it releases PTFE and PFOA fumes which work quickly to fill a bird’s lungs with fluid.
This fluid will cause almost immediate death amongst birds. They will start will wheezing and breathing difficulties and before you can realize what caused it they will be on the ground gasping for air.
The avian respiratory system is so fragile that even minute amounts of exposure to Teflon will kill them. Even in humans Teflon is not a safe substance as it commonly induces flu-like symptoms, if it harms us just imagine what it does to our birds.
PTFE is the chemical formula short-name for Teflon.
PFOA is a petroleum based, carcinogenic product which keeps the non-stick part attached to the pan.
Both of these emit toxic fumes which are constantly taking the lives of all birds. NEVER use non-stick pans around your birds, the loss of a life is not worth your omelet coming off with ease.
Safe cookware you should be using around your birds include:
- Stainless Steel
- Cast Iron
- "Green" Cookware
Ceramic pans are highly debated because the main base for these pans is Thermelon. While many have has no issues with it some recent experiments have shown that they may pose a risk to our birds.
Even if your bird is in another room the toxins still travel through the air and will reach the sensitive respiratory system of your bird. do NOT take the risk. Be safe with your birds and please remove all Teflon coated non-stick pans.
Inevitably, when you talk about white privilege someone will ask the question, “What about poor white people? What privilege do they have?”
In January 1961, John F. Kennedy was inagurated as the nation’s thirty-fifth president. In February 1961, he signed an executive order for a pilot food stamp program, one based on the model previously used during the Great Depression. During his campaign, Kennedy had spent much time in West Virginia, and according to his speechwriter Ted Sorensen, “was appalled by the pitiful conditions he saw, by the children of poverty, by the families living on surplus lard and corn meal, by the waste of human resources…. He called for better housing and better schools and better food distribution…. He held up a skimpy surplus food package and cited real-life cases of distress.” Kennedy saw people in need and used his power as president to address their crisis.
This week, the House Appropriations Committe released a draft of the 2015 Agriculture Appropriations bill. In it, $27 million is budgeted for a pilot program aimed at reducing child hunger in rural areas. “Sounds innocuous enough,” writes MSNBC’s Ned Resnikoff, “except the $27 million program was actually the committee’s substitute for a White House proposal which would have allocated $30 million to child hunger across urban and rural areas.”
Resnikoff goes on to point out that this doesn’t mean children in urban areas will be completely left out of hunger reducing programs, as the “federal government spends hundreds of millions of dollars on the Summer Food Service Program, which provides meals to low-income children when school is not in session and they don’t have access to free or reduced school lunch,” and that there are specific challenges that face rural areas with regards to food insecurity. However, “the House committee’s proposal is likely to help fewer people of color than the White House proposal. And while rural areas may be unique in terms of the challenges they face, they’re not where most of America’s hungry are concentrated.”
They’re also among the whitest. “The Appalachian region,” which is where this money would go,writes Talking Points Memo’s Sahil Kapur, “is also more white (83.5 percent) than the United States overall (63.7 percent), according to the Appalachian Regional Commission—and much more so than urban areas, which have a disproportionately high share of minorities.”
It’s not that Kennedy or this current House subcommittee ever explicitly said “white hunger is more important than black hunger, white poverty is more important than black poverty.” But the seeming indifference toward black poverty, played out in their actions as elected officials, reflects the privileging of whiteness. It is indecent that any person go hungry, particularly in a country of such abundance. It is indecent to determine that some of those people are more worthy of our investment in their being fed than others. It is indecent to then pretend as if that’s not the case. All these indecencies add up to an injustice. We are a country that practices injustice as a way of life.
Yes, you can be poor and white and still benefit from white supremacy. That’s what privilege is.
(Photo Credit: Reuters/Rick Wilking)
weep little lion man
( a fanmix for the lonely god. the hopeless wanderer. the last of the time lords. )
[ listen ]
i. the doctor’s theme // murray gold | ii. little lion man // mumford and sons | iii. sorrowing man // city and colour | iv. dust to dust // the civil wars | v. tomorrow // daughter | vi. all i want // kodaline | vii. u.f.o. // coldplay | viii. cough syrup // young the giant | ix. of space and time // city and colour | x. dead hearts // stars | xi. down // jason walker | xii. weight of living (pt 1) // bastille | xiii. smoke and mirrors // gotye | xiv. monster // imagine dragons | xv. be calm // fun. | xvi. run boy run // woodkid | xvii. lauara palmer // bastille | xviii. handlebars // flobots | xix. you’ve got time // regina spektor | xx. i lived // onerepublic